Friday, October 3, 2008

The Mass Production of Ignorance in Canada...?

As of right now, the Canadian people are in an uproar over the coming election. Political parties, focusing more on attacking each other (resembling an elementary school playground and its bully, over a group of intelligent, educated grown-ups!), rather than the beliefs they supposedly came into power to fight for...and the people of this country, watching on like children, rolling their eyes back into their heads in...I don't know what. Disbelief? Confusion? Ignorance? Definitely nothing useful. We're watching a political drama unfold...watching Stephen Harper and Stephane Dion bitch-slap each other over who's a "better", more qualified leader, and cry over "letting the girl in." If this is what our country has succumbed to, I no longer want to be a Canadian. My love for this country no longer exists. Have we seen the 'N.D.P.' or the 'Green' parties attacking each other? Posting - although a bit humourous, but just a tad bit immature - ridiculous posters and websites of how pathetic the other one is...? No. We're watching the other parties, step up and address the issues at hand. The issues they've initially founded themselves on. However, because I am in full support of Elizabeth May and the Green Party, perhaps this rant will be a bit biased. Oh well. Perhaps I will even send my little rant TO her, and see what becomes of it. Who knows...? At least I would be making a positive effort in getting what I want.

As far as I'm concerned, Elizabeth May is actually TRYING. Can I say the same for the two big "BULLIES" - the Liberals and Conservatives? GOD NO. They're too busy having their little cat-fight, while the others are focused on what they really, truly want for this country, and the rest of our beautiful planet. The Green party is paying in blood for their beliefs. They've stood up to the 'big bullies' and rallied on because of these beliefs they care so deeply about. They are DEFINITELY getting my vote this time around. The Green party is concerned for THE most important aspect of politics and the world at this point in time. Without the environment, there is no country. Without a country, there is no army, there are no jobs, there is no money, no schooling, no food, nowhere to sleep comfortably in ignorance every night...you get the point. How did we get here? (Honestly, stop asking the question, start looking for the answers.) Quit trying to explain your way out of the issues at hand, passing them off for yet another decade until it's all right there in our faces. Gone outside lately? It's already here, and it's BEEN here for quite some time now. Ignoring this will not make it go away. Come out of "shock" and start DOING SOMETHING! Quit pretending like you didn't know. We can no longer play the "Oops!" card this time around, because we've ripped it up, burned it, and lost it along with our pride and values. Roll your eyes back into your heads, and see what is really going on around you.

So as for my venting...I need to question the people of this country, not only for myself, but for the future of...everything we know and love.

Have we really just succumbed to the beliefs of our leaders? Have we really just become an American asset? And if so, do they really just follow suit? Do our leaders truly want to be just like America? I'm very fearful of that. Canada has lost its personality -- all it used to stand for -- just to be, what...ACCEPTED by its 'superpower' big brother? Spare me the joke. Canada is dead. Our ancestors wasted their time and energy and even a lot of their lives building a future that never came. Our brave and proud military is being used to support these disgusting new "values" instilled by, in my belief, our "greater", more ignorant sibling -- the United States. Thank god our soldiers in Afghanistan still believe in a greater peace and a better world. Once we lose the support of the soldiers, we lose EVERYTHING. (And I truly do not have the energy to even broach the subject of military or war right now...god forbid someone gets offended. So please, don't even bother questioning me on this one, I LOVE the army. I LOVE that this is what the majority of my family has always done. I've never been more proud of anything in my life! And because of that, I give ALL of my support to friends, family, and my own amazing soldier -- my HEART -- who are currently serving their time.)

SO -- what exactly are (the majority of) Canadians doing to solve these problems? To put a stop to these issues we continue to have, over and over again? ( I am not writing this to make myself look good, by any means, but at least I've woken up from the coma our leaders have put us in and am looking to make up for it -- and right away!) If that means joining the party I so clearly am putting my trust in to make this a better world, and give us our country back, than by all means, I would gladly do it for free. I am TIRED of watching the Liberals steal our money and lie to us, while the Conservatives (whom I've actually helped put in power) focus solely on financial issues and lead us into what appears to now be a very dark future. I admit it, I am scared for this country and its people. As an individual, I am everything I believe Canada should be. I used to be proud of my Canadian heritage, and now...I'm not so sure.

From my own perspective, the people of Canada (not JUST, but this is where I've been raised, and the issues I know for face-value) appear as a classroom full of students who refuse to listen. Who opt out on education just because they're tired, bored, don't get it, think their time is better spent elsewhere, etc. The Canadian people look like a group of scared children bullied around by that one kid who has nothing better to do than take advantage of their insecurites and weaknesses. Where did our pride go? Our fight for a better world? Is that not why we're all here? Canada, if anything, was supposed to be "the Promised Land", if you will. The one place on Earth, where we all had the same positive values and desires. A love for our country (including it's physical form, as we clearly all love to brag about to other nationalities! PRIDE!), a love for our families, a love for our education, and definitely a love for our freedom. And yet, we've single-handedly begun to destroy all those beautiful values our ancestors once had in mind for a once great country.

Suppose you're one of the newly recruited into environmentalism. You think you're a good person for recycling -- most of the time? Good for you. What else are you doing? Guaranteed you're still driving your car, on the cheapest fuel you can find. Guess why it's so cheap? :) (We won't go there either.) That is an expense paid by our planet. You are paying into the destruction of your own home and family just by driving your car to and from work everyday. What exactly is the point of all this? People are trying to make themselves feel better for crossing one little thing off the checklist of destructives, while in reality, it's not enough. It won't be enough unless the vast majority -- if not everyone! -- starts doing their part. Businesses are a major cause of why things continue to go bad. Start CARING. If not, say 'bye, bye' to your country. What's a military for if protecting our right to destroy exactly what it is they're fighting for? How about peacekeeping for our PLANET?

How about humanitarianism? A very large percentage of our country lives on or below the poverty line. So while you're free to throw food away, and allow it to rot in your fridge, there are people in OUR own country (forget the rest of the world on this one) struggling to survive, starving, and paying with their lives for it. What are we doing about that? CLEARLY not enough, because it's still happening! Hell, if I wanted to take that one step further, I'd mention homelessness. No one seems to care about that issue either! But it's becoming a real epidemic. A very terrifying reality in a lot of peoples lives today, even in Canada. Take a look around you! (This issue just presses on many, MANY others.)

So my issue right now is, why are we still having these problems? Why haven't we put into power, a leader that is truly a means to an end? Someone who really DOES care about where things are going? Caring about the backbone of what they're supposed to be protecting and fighting for? I believe the answer to all of these problems are right there in front of us, the people just need to wake up. Hopefully before it's too late.

Start with the children of today. They are what really count.

Begin their education with the issues at hand. Teach them things that REALLY matter. Teach them about the environment, instill compassion and empathy into them while there is still time. I would rather see our country take back its original values before I see us destroy what is left. What good are the academics if we're not here to use the things we've learned? Teach them the math and science of the environment and the earth itself. Chemistry is absolutely USELESS now that we know how to create even more ways to destroy everything! Biology is the study of life and how living beings "work." Well, if these creatures (including us) are all dead...what good is biology? Create something positive and helpful with all that knowledge. BOMBS ARE NOT HELPFUL!!! Do people really believe a degree really matters once we no longer have food to eat, a healthy place to live, or un-polluted air to breathe?

What good are we to our own people, let alone those who desperately need our help if our own country is physically falling apart? Our soldiers are off fighting a war against terrorism, while those of us left behind, should be fighting the war against the environment!

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=4jCgXPbeX7I

No comments: